Week 1 – New Years D(el)ay
I hate to start off the year with news of another delay, but hey, I’ve got a decent reason this time: I took advantage of a recent Humble Bundle to upgrade my video editing software from Vegas 13 to Vegas 14 Pro, which has given me a whole new array of options to tinker with for Silent InvenTOYry. Unfortunately, since Pro 14 is such a big step up from what I had before, I’m having to sort of relearn the program on the fly. Hence, I’ve temporarily paused production on Episode 06 so that I can figure out what I’m doing. I think the end product will be quite impressive, though. I’m aiming to have the episode done by the 15th, and there’s a Semi-Short that I’ll be working on very soon after that.
I’ve discovered that the end-of-the-month Patreon deadline is indeed a fantastic motivator for me to get off my ass and write Tasakeru chapters. Yet again, I managed to finish a chapter on the last day of the month, making four months in a row that I’ve been able to update on time! Not that I want procrastinating until the last minute to become a habit or anything, but… if it helps get the chapters out so I can get paid, so much the better.
Goals for this year are below. I’m not doing resolutions this year, because knowing me I’ll forget about most of them by mid-February.
- Finish Soulsnatcher; start on and possibly finish Book IV: Twilight Dreams
- Finish the long-neglected Book II Appendix, and begin the Appendix for Book III
- Rerecord the Tasakeru soundtrack in Music Maker, transfer all tracks to BandCamp, and make them available for streaming/download
- At least two full InvenTOYry episodes and at least three Semi-Shorts
And of course, I’ll be continuing Shattered Skies and Viluy’s Database as well.
Here’s to a new year. May it be better than the last.
- Tasakeru Book III: Soulsnatcher, Chapter 8: COMPLETE!
- Tasakeru Patreon: 3 Patrons
- Book II Appendix: 2 pages done
- Shattered Skies, Chapter 32: In progress
- Shattered Skies: Viluy’s Database Chapter 2: 10.25 pages done
- Silent InvenTOYry Episode 6: ~30% done