That’s me and my best friend/co-author/editor/proofreader/partner-in-crime VDrake, wishing everyone a happy and productive new year. The two of us had a blast during his visit, of course. One of the highlights was presenting him with the very first copy of the finished Tasakeru Book I manuscript, seen above. We also saw Rogue One (which was fantastic), marathoned Gainax’s classic mecha series Gunbuster and Diebuster, and jointly discovered Netflix’s Voltron: Legendary Defender, which got us both hooked in a hurry. So that was the best possible way to end the flaming garbage year that was 2016.
Now that I’m back to semi-normal, my first order of business at the start of the second year of Blogress Reports is to set several long term goals. In no particular order:
- Finish the revision of Tasakeru Book III: Soulsnatcher by July
- Write the Book II Appendix and send the complete manuscript off to the copyright office
- Compose at least three new songs for the Tasakeru soundtrack
- Write at least ten chapters of Shattered Skies
- Finish reading at least three of the half-dozen-odd novels that I’ve been neglecting, including Neil Gaiman’s American Gods and Neverwhere
- Resume work on my incomplete photo projects
- Avoid politics whenever possible until a certain orange-skinned cockroach gets himself impeached
- Continue posting Blogress Reports every Monday, with no late ones this time
There are other goals, of course, but these are the major ones.
A weather-related headache is currently making it difficult to focus on much else, so for now I’m signing off. Next week (hopefully), I’ll have some pictures of my shiny new Chogokin, along with a detailed review.
- Tasakeru Book III: Soulsnatcher, Chapter 1: 4 pages done
- Book II Appendix: Pending
- Shattered Skies Chapter 23: 4 pages done
(Originally posted on DA: http://tasakeru828.deviantart.com/journal/BHS-Blogress-Report-2017-Week-1-655075883)